Rotating shafts are employed in industrial machines such as steam and gas turbines, turbochargers, internal combustion engines, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors for power transmission. So, it is important thing to design with reduction of unbalance and optimal design with stability in system.
KIST researched that analysis software based on the “Transfer Matrix Method(TMM) and FEM it self. Also, we have commercial S/W(RAPP) which is useful for the analysis of “Critical Speed Analysis, Unbalance response, etc.
Furthermore, our research focused on the fundamental tribo items such as bearings, seals and damper, etc. These works are very importance to predict and design for turbomachinery.
Our major experiences are followings ;
- Turbo- Pump Stability for High Speed Liquid Rocket Engine
- Turbo Charger for Diesel Engine(2.0 liter)
- Contra Rotating Propulsion Shaft for Cargo Ship
- Two Stage Compressor driven by 60krpm PMS Motor
Supported by Oil-free Air Foil Bearings
- Analysis of Critical Speed
- Predict of Mode Shape(Transverse and Torsional Vibration)
- Analysis of Unbalance Response
- Stability Analysis
- All Turbo-machinery and Rotating Mechanism